Fix Quicken 2018 Installation Issues?
Quicken is a personal finance management software developed by Quicken Inc. (previously part of Intuit, Inc.). With this personal financial management tool, you can easily track your spending’s and create monthly and yearly budgets. Quicken Software runs on two platforms Windows and Mac iOS systems.
There are several versions of Quicken for Windows and Mac, including Quicken Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Quicken Rental Property Manager, and Quicken Home & Business.
Quicken 2018 is released with the comprehensive features, some are listed below:
- Online bills: Access to 11,000-plus online billers, with Adobe Acrobat PDF downloads.
- Custom Reporting: Custom report layout options and direct Excel export.
- Free Online Backups: 5 GB of secure online backup of Quicken with Dropbox.
- Free Quicken Bill Pay: Use Bill Pay 15 months for free with Premier and higher (a $149.25 value).
- Invoice Customization: Custom logo, color and payment links to Home, Business & Rental Property.
When it comes to installing the latest version of Quicken 2018, many users have faced some installation issues.
You can go with two methods to fix the installation issue:
Method 1: Download QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issue: If you are unable to install Quicken software, the first step is to download QcleanUI on your system. QcleanUI should be used to correct installation or patching issues (such as not being able to open Quicken after installation or not being able to install patches). It should not be used to attempt to fix data issues or password problems (Quicken ID Password, Vault Password etc.).
Step on How to use QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issue:
- After downloading the QcleanUI utility kit, the user is requested to take the backup of your Quicken data first but if you are not able to open the Quicken then you can skip this step.
- Uninstall the Quicken from the Add/Remove feature via the control panel.
- Make a new folder on the desktop and rename it to “QcleanUI”.
- Run the QcleanUI Exe. File and save it into the folder name “QcleanUI”.
- Run MSICLEAN.exe file and save the file to the SAME folder “QcleanUI”.
- Open the folder “QcleanUI”, now double-click on QcleanUI.exe file.
- Select clean all versions, and then click Clean. Note: QcleanUI may take few minutes to complete the clean the files.
- Close the QcleanUI.
Method 2: Rename Quicken Shared Folders
- Make sure to follow the steps to Show hidden files and folders. Because some of the files and folders that need to be renamed in the next steps do not appear even after selecting to Show hidden files and folders. If this occurs, continue through the steps and rename the folders that do appear.
- Now go to C:\Program Data\Intuit folder, right-click on the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different name, and then press Enter.
- In the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit folder, right-click on the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different name and then press Enter.
- Do repeat the steps 2 and 3 for each user on your computer.
- In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, right-click on the Quicken installation folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, and then press Enter.
- Restart your computer, and install Quicken again.
If you still face any issues or unable to install the Quicken even after following the above methods, contact Quicken Technical Support for help. If you don’t wish to follow these steps and looking for hassle-free support services from expert technicians who can provide remote assistance for this installation process call our Quicken customer support toll free number 1-800-969-3032. We are available 24/7 to provide instant support for all Quicken issues.