Quicken is a financial management software that enables users to efficiently manage expenses at one place. With Quicken you can create budgets, categorize your spending and set bill reminders etc. Quicken has numerous products to choose from according to your financial requirements. Quicken 2018 is released and includes enhanced customize report options and direct Excel reports, along with 5GB of secure online backup for your Quicken files with Dropbox. The most popular Quicken products are available for:
While using Quicken for Windows, users find various issues at the different point of times. Data integrity or data files errors are most common among those Quicken Windows errors.
- Dates are lost from reports when all report settings are correct
- Data file backups that cannot be restored
- Categories or numbers incorrectly related to reports when all report settings are correct
- Missing categories
- Incompetence to assign categories in split transactions
Before troubleshooting the data integrity issues, re-check your Quicken account settings. Also, make sure that you are updated to the latest release of Quicken.
How to Troubleshoot Advanced Data files or Data Integrity Errors in Quicken Windows?
Step 1: Validate your Data Integrity files:
- Accept all the transactions that are waiting on the Compare-to-Register screen prior to Authenticating. You can find it in the – “Downloaded Transactions tab” which is placed at the bottom of your Quicken account register.
- Now Click on File from the top menu bar, then choose File Operations > Validate > Repair.
- If you are presently in the data file you would like to validate, it will already be selected. On the other hand, if you want to validate another file, you will need to click Browse and find that data file.
- After the selection of data file, put a check in front to validate the file.
- For investment-related data file issues, put a check in front to Rebuild investing lots and Delete investing price history.
- Now Click OK button.
Once the validation process is completed, the Data Log appear will be displayed in a Notepad window. This file contains a summary of the Validation results. Quicken automatically saves a backup copy of this file before you validate it. You can check this file in the Validate folder within the same location as your Quicken data file.
Step 2: Copy your files and Validate
If the data integrity file issue is not fixed with the first method, try these below-mentioned steps.
- Go to File > File Operations > Copy.
- Leave all of the settings, including file name and checkboxes, at their default (do not change anything on this screen).
- After the Copy is complete, now choose – Open New Copy.
- In the New Copy, go to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file.
- If an issue was with the Investment account latency or other data problems with an investment account, make sure to choose to Rebuild Lots during this process.
- Once this data file process is finished, make sure to review the Data_Log.txt for messages refer to the quality of your data and resolve any that are guided by instructions you should follow.
- Test your regular methods to check if the issue you were facing is resolved or not.
If you need any assistance through any of above-mentioned steps, click here to contact Quicken Support desk team to get the solution on advanced data integrity errors from a certified Quicken technician. The team is available 24/7 to offer customer support, so you don’t need to panic for the trouble call toll-free support number 1800-969-3032.